First, those applicants are admitted who wished to start their studies previously but were unable to do so due to military service or a voluntary social year (previously admitted applicants).
The remaining places available are then allocated as follows:
- 2% for cases of unusual hardship
- 4% for applicants for a second degree programme
- 5% for non-German nationals and stateless citizens who do not have equivalent German national status. Applicants with equivalent status to German nationals include non-German nationals and stateless citizens who have a German higher education entrance qualification and nationals from the other member states of the EU.
- 3% for applicants with particular qualifications and experience pursuant to Art. 45 of the Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHSchG) who do not have another higher education entrance qualification
- 4% for applicants for a degree programme that is designed in such a way that professional education and training can be completed concurrently.
The remaining places still available are allocated as follows:
- 40% by average grade
- 10% by waiting time, and
- 50% by the university of applied sciences selection quota (selection at the Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Sciences by average grade and qualifications and training quota)
If places are allocated by average grade, a special quota is established for applicants who obtained their higher education entrance qualification at an upper secondary vocational school (Fachoberschule - FOS). The proportion of places allocated in the special quota is equivalent to the proportion of applicants with a higher education entrance qualification from an FOS in the total number of German national or equivalent German national applicants in the respective degree programme.