The Courtyard Garden assumed its current guise in 1950 having been redesigned a number of times. Visitors at any time of year are left impressed by the unmissable collection of trees, diverse range of herbaceous perennials and seasonal borders.
The dominant trees include striking copper beeches and an old ginkgo, as well as grand specimens of the silver maple and Katsura trees. In spring, beautiful flowering magnolias capture everyone’s attention, while a further magnet for visitors is the west-facing panoramic terrace which affords magnificent views of the Alps on clear days.
The Courtyard Garden is accessible throughout the year. Visiting the garden is free of charge.
Dogs must be kept on a lead in the Courtyard Garden and Parterre Garden. Dogs are not allowed in all other gardens!